I worked the full 8 hours today. And this time we're all on shift duties - 2 people per shift doing very specific rounds around campus. It was SUPER cold today - especially when wheeling around in the golf cart, which we luckily get to do on these normal shift days. (On transition days, we have to hoof it, dragging a bit rolling cart full of supplies with us.) Brrrr, none of the golf carts on campus have windshields, so just IMAGINE!
Then, I had an appointment (free again) with a lady who does career counseling and life counseling and some intuitive work. I thought it was a bit early to be thinking about what to do After this season at Omega, but she put up a posting for these sessions, and I took her up on it. It's just like all the posting for various classes and activities -- open to all staff, round the clock -- so cool.
Anyway, we discussed a lot and I'll go see her again next time she has time slots.
I came back to my room, put up some shelves I bought in Poughkeepsie yesterday, did a load of laundry across the street in the housekeeping shed, then walked up to dinner. Had a yummy dinner, joking around with my table of random friends. Then went to my scheduled massage at the Wellness Ctr (we staffers get a discount but it still aint cheap). Oh, I needed that massage SO badly... and it was SOOOO good! I need to go back sooner than my 1.5month interval because my back is all out of whack with knots and painful spots. I keep tellin' ya: this housekeeping stuff (here) is back-breaking work!
After the luscious massage - and here's a funny note that I've never experienced: the masseur actually got up on the table over top of me and walked on my hips (felt awesome!)... anyway, after the luscious massage, I went downstairs to the Sauna and got my sauna on!
And I'll have you know, I'm getting closer and closer to going-it nude like everyone else. It's just SO NOT a big deal to any of them - male and females, old, young, big, small - that it really shouldn't be a big deal for me. But I just went tonight, wrapped in a towel -- that's better than the shorts and tanktop that I've worn the other times!
Had laughter and fun convo with my fellow staffers in the sauna, and then showered and walked home with my hair up in a towel (and my jacket hood over that - it's COLD outside)....
I mean, WHAT A LIFE, eh!?
It's really special here.
Tomorrow, I plan on joining a Drawing and Meditation class from 10 to 12; then I go to work at 2:30pm till 10:30pm (usually that shift finishes their tasks early and just has to be "on call" for the rest of the shift, so they can do whatever, hang out at the cafe, or at the Long House which is a hangout house for staffers, or whatever...)
Friday will be a transition day - somewhat hectic with all of us in Housekeeping working and running around strippin' beds and making beds, etc. - but I might have time to do a bellydancing class in the evening... or something else (I can't remember everything) that's going on.
Saturday, I think my work schedule just happens to work out for me to go to the class called Erotic Writing - We'll see what that's all about. How funny!
OKeedokee - I'd best go put my doo-rag on my wet head, and hit the bed...
Breakfast of course is at 8am but I might not go (I do that sometimes).
No comments:
Post a Comment