Saturday, April 12, 2008

"Sunshine & a-Rain..."


Nothing much to report except it's a beautiful Saturday in the Hudson Valley! and I'm not taking full advantage of it, unfortunately. I'm trying to rest up and battle with the beginnings of this cold/sore throat/sinus infection I've been fighting.

I slept on and off from breakfast till lunch. Was even LATE for lunch but they graciously served me anyway.

We thought today would be rainy and cold but it's sunny and warm. Even the young punk kids are outside creating a garden by their dorms today! And here I lie in the dorm nicknamed "the nunnery", in my pj's, with a scarf around my neck.

I've been feeling somewhat disconnected from what I thought was to be my purpose here. I think I just have to get into the rhythm first, then start really reflecting and doing some real reading and yoga and inner searching. That's the way I figure it'll go, at least. For now, as far as everyone else here goes, Anything goes -- it's all very accepting, no real huge assumptions being made by anyone, no judgments.

It's nice.
So, if total strangers can accept me, to whatever extent, then I should certainly accept me! I'm not a bad person for NOT being out in the sun, socializing and gardening or becoming one with nature. What I need to do right now is be here, just be. If that entails wearing pj's and a scarf, so be it!

Ah, I feel better now. The sunshine, MY sunshine is streamin' in thru my own heavy clouds.

No comments: