Thursday, May 1, 2008

Walkabout

It's almost 2pm, I slept thru breakfast, I start work in 30 minutes, and EVEN with that being said, I've already walked 2142 steps or paces today, according to my Race for the Cure walk-ometer thingy, many of those UPhill.

Anyway, thought you'd like to know.

PS: For today's evening shift of work, I might not walk too too much because I'll be on a golf cart for the big trips around campus. Still, Fridays and Sundays (at work) make up for any snippets of non-walking we may do -- it's not only walk-arama on those days, but we're lugging a big wheeled cart full of supplies on those days. Yes, up hill too.

I had the luscious pleasure of getting a massage last night and then hitting the sauna for about an hour (intermittently of course). The massage was AMAZING, both because I needed it so badly and because the massage therapist was great. He actually jumped up on the table with me, and used his knees and then his feet (yes, walking/standing) on my hips. I'm a bit sore today - but no more so than I was before from all the kinks I had going on, before he worked them out.

I honestly have to go back to him again SOON. Very soon.

But for now, I'm off to work - my first evening shift, like I said. Should be interesting riding Squeaky (the old, tired golf cart) in the dark.

Love and broccoli,

Nicole

No comments: