Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Grief vs. Remembering

This weekend, the world lost a great artist, a fabulous friend, a fun soul: Scott Fertig, who I am fortunate to call one of my best friends.

I am very grief-stricken by this loss and terribly concerned for my other good friend, his wife, Carolyn. But the fact is that the memories of my times with Scott are so fun, so full of light and goofiness as well as bizarro deep conversations, that I have A LOT to hold onto. A LOT!

It's purely selfish to be sad he's gone - but of course I am. All who knew him are.

The important thing, however, is that he's out of pain now - and I feel that For Sure. And he's having his funny conversations and his giggle-fests with someone else, somewhere else. That makes me happy.

Scott, you were & ARE loved, wherever you are. Thank you for the time we had with you. I love you & miss you. Keep on giggling, my Scottito!

To see the art Scott gave to the world, go to his site at www.scottfertig.com

No comments: