Below are this week's Vocabulary Words - these are words that have proven to be very common during my Omega Experience so far. Some of these terms, I knew before but some I did not.
Jivamukti - see www.jivamuktiyoga.com; also word on the streets is that they do not flush toilets (no matter if it's #1 or #2) in order to conserve water - I'm just sayin'!
Kundalini - see www.yogatech.com
Intent / Intention - see what About.com has to say about Intention
Hatha - see what Wikipedia says about Hatha
Yogini - see how Wikipedia defines it
Mindfulness - see www.mindfulness.com
Manifest - as in 'If you put it out to the universe that you need something, you will manifest it'; also as in 'Because our golf cart's brakes are failing, we need to manifest that we'll get a new golf cart.'
Negative Space - usually used as an artists' term, this could mean many things
Clothing Optional - Used in relation to the goings-on in the OI sauna; honestly, it's a very laid-back, liberating environment in the sauna - great conversations happen in the sauna too
Moon Cup (or Diva Cup) - an eco-friendly alternative to tampons or pads; see the MoonCup brand site and DivaCup site
Transition Day - Fridays and Sundays, when workshop participants arrive and depart, thereby requiring rooms to be re-set
"Code Brown" - Omega code terminology for a stopped up toilet needing to be plunged (by none other than Housekeeping)
Below are some new-fangled terms either I've created or the creation of which I was witness to:
Flintstoning - For example, when the golf cart (named Squeaky) is trying so hard to get up a hill, the driver often fears she's going to have to "Flintstone it" -- i.e., use their own feet to push/drive the cart
A Broom & a Spritz - Housekeeping slang, pronounced w/ a posh British accent; just another term for Spot-Cleaning the Bathrooms
Chocolate Factory - Whatever dorm currently has recurrent "code browns"
Fruitcup - Female genital area (I can't take credit for this slang)
Vegetable Platter - Male genital area (Again, credit belongs to someone I was talking to here at Omega about the aforementioned Fruitcup)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment