Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Seeing is Believing

Yesterday, after a late night, I, for some reason, woke up around 5am and just couldn't go back to sleep. So, within an hour, I got up and walked down to the beach/lake, my favorite spot. I sat with the geese and goslings and watched the lake wake up. Then I went to dining hall for breakfast. I haven't been getting up in time for breakfast much lately, so it was a lovely change.

I sat alone - also totally new for me - and looked out the window while eating my yummy breakfast of biscuits and (non-meat) gravy and eggs and oatmeal. And, feeling inspired, I wrote a little something on the back of a piece of paper I found.

After my peaceful breakfast, still feeling sort of slowed-down-in-a-good-way and very inspired, I meandered slowly back to my dorm, stopping in the garden to take pictures and really SEE the beautiful poppies that have been blooming, stopping along the road to look at the different tall grasses and ivy growing, stopping to look up at the sun and feel it getting hotter and hotter.

Once back at my dorm, totally exhausted but fulfilled, I slept for as long as I could before my 2:30pm work shift.

I just found that piece of paper from breakfast. Here's what I wrote:

I'm seeing thru new eyes now. Today.
I see food as amazing & tasty nourishment for which I am so thankful.
I see people as incredibly interesting & necessary parts of life.
I see the weather as a welcome variable.
I see the bees & the ants & the spiders & the gnats & the mosquitoes NOT as annoyances to be avoided, per se, but as beautiful, diverse things that make life more interesting.
I see the trees - I've always loved trees - I see the trees as luscious evidence of the beauty & change in life. Green and shading today; bare & slumbering tomorrow.
I see the breeze. Yes, I SEE the breeze & I revel in its power, its sweetness, its softness, its comfort.
I see the pain in my body now as evidence of my life, that I've lived, that I continue to live.
I see angles, lines, circles, light, dark, bright colors, various whites, dark shades.
I see crispness. Everything's crisp & clear & lovely... & -well- just OKAY.
I see.
- written 5/27/08 (7am)

2 comments:

jo said...

loooooove it! loooooooove you!!

Steve said...

"I'm seeing through new eyes now" is beautiful! Very inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing it.