Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Rainbow People

As I walked up to the Dining Hall for lunch on this beautiful sunshiney spring day, I realized there was some sort of "to-do" going on. Everyone lounging in the grass, sitting at the picnic tables, and standing on the steps to the dining hall was looking up and pointing at the sky.

What was all this broo-ha-ha about, I wondered.

Just then, as I approached them all more closely, I overheard someone shouting "Look, there's a rainbow!"

But this was no ordinary rainbow. It was a full-circle rainbow surrounding the sun. I've never seen anything like it. I've seen double rainbows (in Colorado) which I thought were fascinating. But never a FULL CIRCLE.

And as the revellers around me continued along with me up towards the dining hall staff entrance, somebody said, "Oh, but if there's no end of the rainbow, then there's no pot of gold."

That saddened me. It put a negative spin on something very remarkable.

Me, I like circles. Everything's a circle. The circle of life. Coming full circle. Circles are complete, nothing dangling.

So a complete-circle rainbow means that it has No End.

That's my take, on this sunshiney day, anyway.

1 comment:

jo said...

No end is even better than a pot of gold! Besides, then you have to deal with some tiny leprechaun and who wants to do that?
love you!