Sunday, March 30, 2008

It's Raining STUFF!

Today, it rained and rained. It just happened to be the day I was trying to move all my possessions out of my apartment. And the rain was completely NOT forecast. Ah, so be it. I've had many moves and have never been rained out. So I guess it was comin' to me.

My skin still feels funny from all the wet it sustained throughout today, and I'm all achey and exhausted from the wear and tear.

But before I bemoan MY situation, I've gotta give shout-outs to those who helped me - My Dad as supervisor galore! My brother Bret who lent his truck and his packing skills. My old friend Trey and his brother Garrett who pulled themselves out of bed at the ripe hour of 2pm to come help me. My good friend Marcus who pulled his weight and Then Some at my parents' house (loading up the attic) as well as in the pouring rain moving a very very precarious, difficult sleeper sofa from my apartment into my brother's truck. My brother Brian who helped mostly just by being around during the part of the move that took place at our parents' house. My mom who prepared a lovely, yummy, much-needed hearty meal for dinner for us.

OK, so here I sit on the floor of my wish-it-was-more-empty-because-I-feel-like-I've-been-moving-all-day apartment, preparing to sleep on an inch-thick camping mattress, just so I can be in my apartment, my beloved apartment, just a little longer.

Oy, the attachments I form! In Buddhism, it is said that all suffering stems from our attachments. I can certainly attest.

Well, here's what I say - I say I should be ALLOWED to be attached. It aint so wrong to have attachments! I dunno. I've gotten rid of so much junk that I used to be attached to. But of course I'm attached to my family and friends and yes, my kitty cats. I love them and will miss them... and can just wish them well... until I see them again.

In a few days' time, I'll be off on my drive up to NY state...
But before then, I need sleep and I need to pack up and move on.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Keep up the stories! It's fun to read about your adventures.

MoJo

Unknown said...

Good luck on the rest of your move up North!